If you are in good health, between the ages of 18 and 30 and would like to become an egg donor and help a childless couple fulfill their dream of becoming a parent, please call us at 561-368-5500.
Are you willing to undergo extensive screening? At BocaFertility you will receive unmatched individualized attention and we do our utmost to make sure that you have a positive experience throughout the egg donation process.
- You can expect to have blood work to screen for infectious diseases, vaginal cultures, family history and detailed personal, gynecologic and surgical history.
- In addition psychological review and a detailed genetic counseling are necessary to complete the screening process.
- After you successfully complete your screening phase, and you have been approved as a donor, you will be matched with a compatible recipient.
- You will then be referred to an attorney to review and sign consent forms for donating your eggs.
- You will receive $6000 as compensation for time out of work.
How is egg donation done?
- You will undergo treatment with fertility hormones involving daily injections for about 10 days.
- You’ll have several ultrasounds and blood tests to monitor the growth of your eggs and determine the appropriate time for their removal (egg retrieval).
- During this time the recipient will be undergoing treatment with hormones to prepare her uterus to receive the embryos.
The egg retrieval
- The eggs are removed from the ovaries by a minor transvaginal ultrasound-guided surgical technique.
- It is done in our certified in-office operating room suite.
- You will receive intravenous sedation administered by our board-certified anesthesiologist.
- The entire procedure takes about 15 min. to complete.
- You will be going home about 30 minutes later, but plan on taking the rest of the day off.
What about the risks of egg donation?
As with any medical treatment, there are some risks specific to fertility medications, anesthesia and surgery:
- Hyperstimulation Syndrome (OHSS) – is an uncommon complication occurring in less than 1% of patients, resulting from overstimulation of the ovaries. It can cause ovarian enlargement and torsion (twisting) which may require hospitalization.
- Bleeding and infection are rare complications of egg retrieval.
- No general anesthesia is used. The egg retrieval is safely done using intravenous sedation with a very low complication rate.
Rest assured that BocaFertility is committed to providing highly personalized and compassionate care while protecting your confidentiality.
So, if you are interested in becoming an egg donor please give call us today at 888.368.1211.