The purpose of an HSG is to make sure that the uterine cavity is of normal shape, that there are no uterine fibroids or polyps, and that the fallopian tubes are open.
The hysterosalpingogram (tubal X-rays or HSG) is done between day 5 and 9 of your menstrual cycle. To learn more about the HSG test click here
If you are an established BocaFertility patient:
- Please call our office at 1 561 368-5500 to schedule the test when you start your menses. If your period begins on a weekend, please call our office on Monday to schedule for the test.
If you are referred by your gynecologist:
- Call our office at 561-368-5500 with your menses to schedule the test. If your period begins on a weekend, please call our office on Monday to schedule for the test.
- Click here to complete and electronically submit the secure Female New Patient Registration Form.
- Obtain any necessary referrals (prescription for HSG) from your physician.
- Obtain prescription for Doxycycline and Anaprox from your gynecologist.
- Tell your doctor if you are or might be pregnant.
- You should inform the doctor if you are allergic to iodine dye or shellfish.